Wednesday, July 6, 2011

SCC Week 2 Card 1 - Hi There

Gosh, I'm not sure why but I'm having the most difficult time coming up with a card this week. I had absolutely no inspiration yesterday and I took a long time trying to do a card today.

I hope I can be better tomorrow and come up with a more satisfactory card. It will be inspiration from the guest designers so hopefully I get inspired by a design or two. I'm not sure if it's due to the lack of stamps. I'm still slowly building my stamp collection. I'm not able to use my Cuttlebug to add texture or fun shapes as I'm short of the c plate and have hunted 3 LSS for it but to no avail. I have ordered online so I'm still waiting for the package to arrive. I also couldn't get my Fiskars scallop punch which is brand new to work. Think there's some manufacturing problem with that punch. Things are just not working well.

I wanted to try the new kissing embossing technique shown by Jennifer McGuire. Maybe that was the main reason. I should have stuck to doing cards of other designs probably. Anyway I didn't have any watercolor so I used my Faber-Castell Aqauarelles to do the coloring. I'm still learning how to watercolor with the aquarelle pencils so the flower didn't turn out as nice as I want it to.

Card Set-up:
1) Stamped versamark inkpad on watercolor paper and add white embossing powder to the area
2) Press floral stamp inked with versamark on the white embossing powdered area. I did it twice to have a cleaner floral impression
3) Heat embossed and trim card size down to embossed area.
4) Color image with Aquarelle
5) Trim 2 strips (1inch) of orange zest cardstock and cut 1 side of the strips with pinking shears and adhere to watercolored panel
6) Inked text stamp with Stick Candy and stamp onto a Spring Moss card front for tone-on-tone effect.
7) Wrap watercolored panel with peapod twine and adhere to card base with pop dots
8) Trim Terra-cotta Tile cardstock to 1/2" strip. Stamped sentiment with versamark and white embossed.
9) Trim Summer Sunrise cardstock to 3/4" strip and adhere to sentiment strip
10) Added white dash lines




Supplies Used:
Paper - Strathmore Watercolor Paper, PTI Spring Moss, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Terra-cotta tile
Inks - Jenni Bowlin Stick Candy
Stamps - PTI Wildflower Garden, Hero Arts Thinking Of You (Sentiment)
Others - Faber-Castell Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils, The Twinery Peapod Twine, Uni-Ball Signo White Pen, X-acto Pinking Shears, White Embossing Powder, Pop Dots



No comments:

Post a Comment