Monday, July 18, 2011

SCC Week 4 Card 1 - Thinking Of You


This is the last week of Summer Card Camp. One thing about this camp besides learning so much and getting so much inspirations from other crafters is that I also ended up making quite a bit of cards. And I'm enjoying every bit of it. I started off with the intention of doing scrapbooking but I started card making first :P I'm not sure how I'll move on after the camp ends. One thing for sure is although it does get you thinking on how you wanna work on the colors but having a color combination did help me to get going on my cards.

Anyway, as I saw the colors of this week's combo, I thought I'll be stumped but as I browsed through my stamp collection, the ideas just flowed from there. Overall I'm quite happy with how my card turned out.

Card Set-up:
1) Stamp flourish background with versamark on a piece of White card stock and white embossed
2) Blend in Tumbled Glass from top card working to the middle of the panel. Blend Shabby Shutters from the bottom up to the middle and overlap a section of Tumbled Glass area. Blend in Broken China just around the top of the panel
3) Using a ruler, pierced a border around the panel and ink the holes with Broken China and Shabby Shutters
4) Prepare card base using Spring Rain card stock and sponged edges with Tumbled Glass
5) Adhered ribbon onto front panel and adhere front panel to card base
6) Die cut label and outline edges with Tumbled Glass.
7) Stamp sentiment using Spiced Tin then stamp floral image with Stick Candy and Seed Packet using rock & roll technique by PTI
8) Adhere label to card front using pop dots



Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Stampers' Select White, Spring Rain
Inks - Distress Ink Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Shabby Shutters, JBS Stick Candy, Seed Packet, Spiced Tin, Versamark
Stamps - Hero Arts Flourish Background, Thinking Of You
Others - WPlus9 Label Die, White Embossing Powder, AC Premium Ribbon, Craft Pick, Tim Holtz Ruler, Pop Dots, Scor-Tape, Cuttlebug

No comments:

Post a Comment