This color combi made me think of the sea. The beaches in Australia are really beautiful! They have tones of blue and green and the sand is just so fine and white. I must say I was a little disappointed when I visited the beaches at La Jolla, San Diego and Newport, Portland. The sand is gray and seaweeds were like everywhere in La Jolla. The waters were also grayish. I might not have gone on a good day probably. Will definitely try to check out more beaches during my travels around US.
With the thought of the sea in mind, I decided to use a water with distress inks on this card and I liked how the card turned out.
1) Prepare card base using White card stock and mask the bottom of the card (around 1.25")
2) Stamp large medallion image using the rock & roll technique with Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters, spritz inked stamp with water and stamp randomly on card front. Repeat steps alternating the sequence of the ink colors
3) Stamp small medallion image using the same technique with Seed Packet and Tumbled Glass, spritz inked stamp with water and stamp randomly on card front to fill up the white spaces
4) Trim pattern paper to 1.25" x 5.5" and adhere to card front.
5) Round right corners with corner chomper and add faux stitches along the borders of the pattern paper
6) Die cut banner strip and score banner at 0.5" and 0.6" on each side to create a fold
7) Stamp sentiment with Spiced Tin, sponged edges with Tumbled Glass and adhere to card front using pop dots and add a twine bow at each side of the banner strip
Paper - PTI Stampers' Select White
Pattern Paper - Hazel Papers by My Mind's Eye
Inks - Distress Ink Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, JBS Seed Packet, Spiced Tin
Stamps - PTI Mendhi Medallion, Big & Bold Wishes (Sentiment)
Others - Carribean Twine by The Twinery, Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen, PTI Double-Ended Banner Die, 1/16" Pop Dots, WRMK Corner Chomper