Friday, July 8, 2011

SCC Week 2 Card 3 - Be Joyful In Hope

Today's lesson on card camp was on pattern papers. When I started reading the course notes, I thought oh my goodness, my prayers are being answered. Not that I literally prayed about it but I've been having so much headache with knowing how to choose pattern papers to use on cards that I just avoid using them as much as possible. And then Bingo! I have more information now.

I put myself out today to use pattern papers after reading the guidelines on selecting them and based my card on a sketch provided by Kristina Werner. I must say I didn't really have that much of a problem choosing pattern papers today as compared to the other days. However, I do hope that my choices turn out alright.


Card Set-up:
1) Stamped butterfly images on white cardstock with black ink and clear embossed. I wanted to have a glossy outline of the butterflies
2) Colored the butterflies with Wild Honey, Lemon Drops, Fired Brick, Stick Candy and Seed Packet and trim them out
3) Trim 3 pattern papers to the size needed
4) Trim a 1" stripe of Orange Zest and border punch it
5) Adhere pattern papers & stripes to card base
6) Stamp sentiment
7) Adhere butterflies
8) Sponged edges with Tea Dye as finishing touch




Supplies Used:
Paper - SU Crumb Cake, PTI Orange Zest, Stampers' Select White
Pattern Papers - Sweet Threads by Basic Grey, Candy Shoppe Collection by Echo Park
Inks - Distress Ink Wild Honey, Fired Brick, Tea Dye, Jenni Bowlin Lemon Drops, Stick Candy, Seed Packet, Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps - Hero Arts Antique Engravings, PTI Beautiful Blessings (Sentiment)
Others - Fiskars  Effervescence  Border Punch, Pop Dots, Clear Embossing Powder, Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment