Wednesday, July 13, 2011

SCC Week 3 Card 2 - Sending You Birthday Wishes

Today is Technique Day with Jennifer McGuire. I'm always anticipating her videos or tutorials. They are always so interesting. Today's no exception featuring Finger-inky technique and zig-zag styled card.

Needless to say, I just had to try it out. It was a pretty fun process doing the card. However, I didn't have the right browns and the colors turned fall-ish as it dried (I think it's also partly the perfect pearls as I didn't realize it was so pink after mixing them together). I also didn't have the right background stamp, the right sentiment and the right perfect pearls to use but I think the card turned out alright for a first attempt at least.

Card Set-up:
1) Die-cut 2 shaped panels measuring 4 3/8" x 2 1/2" using watercolor paper and White card stock on the Silhouette machine (I don't have a shaped die)
2) Stamp floral stamp with versamark on watercolor panel and white embossed
3) Using my fingers, I inked the watercolor panel with Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Fired Brick, each ink mixed with water
4) Added Blush perfect pearls around the embossed flower and set it aside to dry
5) Stamped music background stamp onto the insides of card base
6) Score card front at 2 1/8" and fold
7) Take watercolor panel and sponged edges with Chocolate Chip and adhere left side of the panel to card front
8) Line White panel and adhere on the inside of the card. Stamp sentiment
9) Trim a strip (approx 1/2") of White card stock, write in sentiment and adhere to card front





Supplies Used:
Paper - SU Crumb Cake, PTI Stampers' Select White, Strathmore Watercolor Paper
Inks - SU Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Distress Inks Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Fired Brick, Versamark
Stamps - PTI Wildflower Garden, Lawn Fawn Teeny Tiny Backdrops
Others - Silhouette SD, Zing White Embossing Powder, Ranger Perfect Pearls Blush, Copic Multiliner 0.3

No comments:

Post a Comment