Friday, July 15, 2011

SCC Week 3 Card 5 - Have A Great Day

I did some research when I decided to buy a Cuttlebug that the packaging comes with the A, B & C plates. However when I bought my Cuttlebug which was some time ago, it was the newer model and it didn't come with the C plate. I thought since it is a newer model, they probably did away with the C plate and I left it at that as I didn't own any dies then.

I started buying some dies as I got more involved with doing cards, etc and I couldn't get it to work. Frustrated, I started checking the PTI website and other websites on using PTI dies with Cuttlebug. All of the websites I went to mentioned the use of C plate but they were also demonstrating on the older version of Cuttlebug. Finally after literally taking some time to check out, I gotta find out that the new packaging does not come with C plate and that you have to get it separately. How STUPID is that! I went hunting for the C plate at the local craft stores I know and none of them were selling the C plate. So the only option for me was to buy it online. Gosh! I can't believe all the trouble I had to go through.

Anyway I finally received it today and definitely wanted to try out all the dies that I've bought. So this card is using mainly dies and impression plates.

Card Set-up:
1) Trim White card stock at 4" x 5.25", emboss with Cane Impression and adhere to card base
2) Die cut 2 medium sized and 2 small sized flowers in Red Poppy, stamped matching stamp set with versamark and clear embossed
3) Die cut label in Crumb Cake, stamped matching border and sentiment in Crumb Cake and adhere to card front
4) Layer 1 medium, 1 small flower and a red button together and thread through with Maraschino twine. Work another set the same way and adhere both flowers to card front




Supplies Used:
Paper - SU Crumb Cake, PTI Stampers' Select White, Dark Chocolate, Red Poppy
Inks - SU Crumb Cake, Versamark
Stamps - Hero Arts Friends, WPlus9 Filigreed Frames, PTI Beautiful Blooms II
Others - PTI Cane Impression Plate, PTI Beautiful Blooms II #1 Die, WPlus9 Label Die, Clear Embossing Powder, SU Buttons, Maraschino Twine by The Twinery, Cuttlebug

2 comments:

  1. Oh my - I have a cuttlebug but when I purchased it they were selling it with the C plate. So sorry you had such trouble - BUT on the bright side your card is beautiful and glad you were able to use your Cuttlebug to emboss. Love those flowers! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam.

    Well I checked that Provo Craft is not including the C plate now but they put in an embossing folder instead. I honestly rather have the C plate. There was also no info about still needing the C plate for sandwich on their website or that you need to get it separately. That's one of the reasons for the wasted time.

    ReplyDelete