Thursday, July 7, 2011

SCC Week 2 Card 2 - Happy Birthday To You

I definitely had a better time doing my card today. The only headache I had was choosing pattern papers to use. I try as much as possible to avoid using pattern papers as I just can't seem to know how to select them. Well I could have given those pattern papers too much of a thought but well I guess I'm still learning.

I actually broke out of my comfort zone today and used 2 pattern papers. I still don't have any ribbons so had to make do with what I had on hand for embellishments.

Card Set-up:
1) Stamp floral image 3 times and leaf image twice on white card stock. Colored them with aquarelles and cut them out for layering
2) Trim pattern papers, sponged edges with wild honey and adhered to card base
3) Trim a 1/2" strip of Terra-cotta tile card stock and adhere to card front
4) Stamp sentiment
5) Layered flower with pop dots, adhere leaves and flower to card front
6) Round right corners with corner chomper and sponged edges of card with wild honey and added 3 pearls as a finishing touch




Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Orange Sunrise, Terra-Cotta Tile
Pattern Papers - Jubilee by The Girls' Paperie, Lime Twist by My Mind's Eye
Inks - Distress Ink Wild Honey, Archival Jet Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps - Hero Arts Layered Flowers, Stampendous Birthday Assortment (Sentiment)
Others - Faber-Castell Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils, Pop Dots, WRMK Corner Chomper, Hero Arts Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment