Thursday, June 30, 2011

SCC Week 1 Card 3 - Sending You...



Time flies and it's already the 4th day of Summer Card Camp. Today Kristina shared on the design principles that she uses on her cards. It was a pretty comprehensive video with illustrations from the cards that she made.

Basing on one of her 3 sketches, I chose to do a symmetrical card using the week's color combo.


There were a few things that I knew I wanted to incorporate in today's card. One was using Lawn Fawn Fanciful Frames set and creating a garden scene. I stamped the frame on pattern paper and cut the frame out. Then I worked on my scene by inking the top portion of a smaller piece of white cardstock with tumbled glass and broken china. I stamped my flower stamps using concord crush and pink cheeks and used a green marker to color the stems. Placed my frame using foam adhesive onto card front, added stickles to the center of the purple flowers and glossy accent to the pink ones as I do not have pink or clear stickles.

I wonder if anyone has days when they just can't figure out how to finish the card. It was certainly such day for me. I couldn't figure out the placement of the sentiment.  As the frame was relatively big and I was using white cardstock, I had to balance the card so that it doesn't look top heavy or the card looking empty at the bottom. After several tries, I knew I was getting no where and thought to check out the camp blog gallery to see if I could get any inspiration. Lo & behold, it was right there and I quickly went down to execute it.

I proceeded to trim a purple and pink cardstock to 1 1/2 and 1 1/4" respectively. Stamped my sentiment with versamark and white embossed. Layered the sentiment strip to the purple one, rounded the corners using the 1/4" chomper, added blue twine and adhered to card front. Rounded the 2 right corners of the base card with 1/2" chomper and finished the card by sponging the edges with tea dye.



Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, Plum Pudding, Hibiscus Burst, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist
Inks - Archival Jet Black, Stampin' Up Concord Crush, Powder Puff Pink Cheeks, Distress Inks Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Tea Dye
Stamps - Lawn Fawn Fanciful Frames, PTI Wild Garden, PTI Big & Bold Wishes (Sentiment)
Others - WRMK Corner Chomper, Pink Paislee Twine, White Embossing Powder, Pop Dots, Marvy Le Plume II Markers, Milled Lavender Stickles, Glossy Accent, Pop Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment