Monday, June 27, 2011

Card 1 - Thinking of You

For the past 6 months, besides actively reading blogs on scrapbooking & card making, I was also increasing my stamps collection. From zero stamp sets, I've owned quite a few now, mostly from Technique Tuesday by Ali Edwards, Lawn Fawn and now PaperTrey Ink. Although hubs knows about them, he doesn't know how much has been spent and I decide it shall remain this way :P

Anyway I was reading about the PaperTrey Ink bloghop and chanced upon Jess Larsen's blog. There was a video showcasing one of the cards she was doing using double embossing technique and was inspired to try making one of my own. I had gotten to know this technique slightly more than a couple months back through Britta Swiderski. Her blog has many tutorials on using distress inks. I only tried it now as I didn't have a stamp set that I felt was suitable for the technique.

OK, back on the card... This is technically my first card especially with distress inks. I thought I'll summarize what I did so that I can review & improve as I go along making more cards.

I started by blending spun sugar to the entire card. Heat set it and stamped the sentiment by HA & the medallion stamps  by PTI using versamark. Clear embossed the images and work victorian velvet in and adding dusty concord to around the edges of the card. Lastly, I flickered some water to finish the look.

This card is far from perfect but I do kinda like how it turned out.



P.S I don't have a craft room or a craft table so was working on my coffee table in the living room.



Supplies:
Papers - PTI Stamper's Select White
Inks - Distress Inks Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Dusty Concord, Versamark
Stamps - PTI Mehndi Medallion, Hero Arts Thinking of You
Other - Clear embossing powder, heat gun

1 comment:

  1. This turned out perfect!! I love the tone on tone look, the splatters, everything — gorgeous. Can't wait to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete