Tuesday, June 28, 2011

SSC Week 1 Card 2 - Sending Birthday Wishes

Today's camp had a video tutorial by Jennifer McGuire. I didn't have the stuffs required to do a card using similar technique, I thought I still do a card using the color challenge and heat embossing.


I had an idea of what I wanted to do with the card but somehow ideas and execution are 2 complete separate matters. I still took a while at it but there was definitely much improvement with the time.

I started by scoring 2 lines on my white card base. Then I proceeded to trim the papers into strips (1 1/4x3 inch) in the different colors. Stamped the images with versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The strips of papers were initially each stamped with different floral images but I didn't really like how they turned out so I redid them.

Sponged the edges of the strips with white ink and I adhered them between the 2 scored lines that I made. As I had no ribbons on hand, I decided to wrap the card with white twine.  After tying the twine, I stamped my sentiment on a mini tag, sponged edges with tea dye distress ink (only brown ink I have) and adhered with pop dots. I finished up the card by adding a twine bow with glossy accent.

Talking about twines, I'm definitely going to check out other twines. I'm not sure if other twines are similar but the 'hair' from my roll of twine is always coming out even when I'm just trying to wrap round the card. As it is, I'm trying hard to have a tight pull on the twine and more hair comes when I trying to tie a knot and it sticks on my stamps, etc.


Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Orange Zest, Spring Rain, Raspberry Fizz, Plum Pudding, Stamper's Select White
Inks - Hero Arts White Dye Ink, Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Ink Tea Dye
Stamps - PTI Wild Garden, PTI Beautiful Blooms II
Others - Clear Embossing Powder, AC White Twine, Foam Adhesives

No comments:

Post a Comment