Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Card Camp 2011 Week 1 + PTI MIM Polaroid 2-Step Masking Challenge

Today is the start of the Summer Card Camp 2011 which I signed up for. It's being hosted by 2 very talented and sweet ladies Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire. I've actively checked out their blogs which are full of tutorials on card making and techniques. And as a newbie in paper crafting, I figure out I'll definitely be learning even more on this camp.

This is the SCC color challenge of week 1.

I don't wanna reveal how long I spent doing the card but it was pretty long. Besides figuring out on how I want to take on the color challenge, I also wanted to try participating in PTI's Make It Monday - Polaroid 2-Step Masking Challenge. Talk about being overly ambitious :P I'm also still slowly increasing my stamp and ink collection so had to make do with whatever I had.

Anyway here is my card for both of the challenges.


I did the polaroid masking and masked the center. Sponged the edges of the white card (3x4inch) with tumbled glass. Then I masked the edges and stamped in my Daffodil image twice. Colored in with color pencils as I don't have copics. I then cut out one of the daffodil and popped it up with foam adhesive. I sponged the edges of the card with spun sugar and adhered it to a lavender cardstock (3.75x4.5inch).  Sponged the edges again with spun sugar, added white twine and adhered to card base.

The sentiment was stamped, cut out, edges sponged with spun sugar and popped on foam adhesives.



Supplies Used:
Papers - PTI Stamper's Select White, Raspberry Fizz, Bazzil Lavender
Inks - Distress Ink Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Versafine Onyx Black, Archival Jet Black
Stamps - Wplus9 A Special Lady, LF Bannerific, PTI Beautiful Blessings
Others - Foam Adhesives, AC White Twine, Faber-Castell Art Grip Aquarelle

No comments:

Post a Comment