Thursday, January 5, 2012

Card 37 - I'll Always Be Stuck On You

I've been on a crafting hiatus as hubs was off from work during that period. As I do my crafting on the coffee table which is in the living room, crafting is just almost impossible when hubs at home since he's either watching tv or playing his playstation. I get distracted with him being around and he can't relax with me blocking his view.

Nevertheless, I'm definitely keeping myself updated and reading the blogs I've subscribed to. Since I'm mentioning blogs, I read about a Valentine's Day Card Drive for a number of children's hospitals which I will be participating. This will be my first Card Drive.

The details on the Card Drive can be found on Winter's blog. My heart just goes out for all those children who have to be in hospital for one reason or other. I definitely do understand how the parents are feeling and what they have to face and especially the children since I had a sister who was sick for 6 years.

There are some conditions on the cards if you are participating in the Card Drive. Please do take the time to read those conditions.




My first card is inspired by the PB&J Monday with Jill Foster. The blog also featured a number of cards which used the spot coloring technique and I thought this stamp set that I had will be perfect.
I stamped the cute hedgehogs and colored their cheeks and the hearts with Copics. I then added stickles to the small hearts and glossy accent to the hearts held by the hedgehogs. The sentiment was selectively stamped with different ink colors.

I decided to just stamp a sentiment on the inside so that the card can also be used to send to whoever that is in those children's hearts for Valentine's Day.

Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White
Inks - Momento Tuxedo Black, SU Riding Hood Red
Stamps - Penny Black Stuck On You
Others - Crystal Stickles, Glossy Accent, Copics, WRMK 3/8" Corner Chomper, WRMK 1/2" Corner Chomper



No comments:

Post a Comment