Tuesday, January 10, 2012

C&S Week 1 Card 4 - Live Life With Joy


Today's class talks about doing one layer card (OLC) and also how to create a visual triangle. The illusion of dimensions can also be created on OLC using various styles of stamping. It was definitely interesting but I need have to use quite a bit of my brain juice when I got to creating my card.

As much as hubby is oblivious to my stamps collection, I'm still lacking stamps to use. Attempting this card made me realize I do not have any large solid stamps that would allow me to create large focal images. I also do not have much fancy font sentiments.

Anyway, here is my take on OLC card:


I used a blender pen to color in the image since I can't use copics. Contemplated on using color pencils. Maybe on my next attempt. The images and sentiments were stamped on Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossed.

Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White
Inks - Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Inks Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Ripe Persimmon, Dried Marigold, Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain

Stamps - PB Sundial, HA Live Life
Others - Dove Blender Pen, Zing Embossing Powder Clear


4 comments:

  1. your card is gorgeous! you have great coloring skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like your take on this card. You did a fantastic job coloring. I bet this would be beautiful on kraft with prisma pencils. Big stamps are so fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also realized I didn't have many solid stamps either :( However - I LOVE what you did with this stamp! The coloring is gorgeous - and you used inks!!!! I have never tried using a blender pen so I will have to try this. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card really drew my eye - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete