Monday, January 9, 2012

C&S Week 1 Card 1 - You Are Simply The Best

I've joined another card class. This is the Clean & Simple class. Since embarking on my paper crafting journey just last year, I've not actually done a clean & simple card. While I do love techniques and working with distress inks etc, I also marvel at how some cards look so awesome and they are so minimal.

Today's class started with 3 simple sketches and 2 cards by Kristina Werner and Maile Belles were showcased. I just love both their styles.

Here is the first sketch and my take:



I created a frame and used a faux letterpress technique. Scored the frame and white embossed the sentiment. The front panel was adhered to card base on 1/16" Pop Dots.


This card was made with the Card Drive in mind.

Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Pure Poppy, SU Crumb Cake
Inks - Colorbox Frost White

Stamps - Technique Simply You
Others - PTI Diamond Impression Plate, Versamark, Zing Embossing Powder White, MS Royal Butterfly Punch, 1/16" Pop Dots, MS Scoring Board


1 comment:

  1. Love the kraft! The red butterflies are the perfect contrast!!!! Such lovely work and inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete