Wednesday, November 16, 2011

HCBC Week 2 Card 9 - Sending Holiday Cheer

Today's class is on technique using distress inks and doing a gatefold card. My intention was to do a similar style card but as I got to working on my card, I realized I have limited stamp sets that stamps the image fully (as in not just the outline). I ended up not liking the white embossing so I did a die cut of the same image and adhere on top of the white embossing. My measurements were off as well (too big) so I couldn't do a gatefold styled card. Guess I have to try it next round.

Here is my final card. Although it didn't turn out to be what I intended, I did like how it turned out and enjoyed working on it.


I added Tsukineko Sparkle Shimmer as a final touch as the pearlized water background stamping didn't show off the pearlized effect. Probably due to the background stamp image I used (limited resources :P).


Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Stampers' Select White,  Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy
Inks - Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire, Evergreen Bough, Peeled Paint, JBS Spiced Tin, SU Riding Hood Red, Versamark
Stamps - PTI Christmas Poinsettias, Stylish Sentiments Holiday (Inside Sentiment), Hero Arts Magical Background
Others - Distress Stain Picket Fence, Perfect Pearls by Ranger, Mixed Accents by Hero Arts, Hemp Twine from SU, Tsukineko Sparkle Shimmer, PTI Christmas Poinsettias Die, Tag (from stash), 1/16" 3D Dots, AC Zing White Embossing Power

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way your card turned out. Very eye-catching colors and well balanced design. The little tag is a delightful touch. :)

    ReplyDelete