Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Card 33 - God Is Our Refuge

It is with a heavy heart that I did this card. My aunt went for a body check and the doctors found a lump in one of her breasts. They have scheduled her for a biopsy to determine if the lump is malignant or  benign. Whatever the results are, I don't think that as good news.

This card was done with my aunt in mind and the technique used was from PTI Make It Monday #42: Layered Background with Sentiment Stamps by Betsy Veldman.


My aunt loves children but sadly, she has none of her own. As such, my younger sisters and brother regard her as their Godmother. As for me, I have lots of memories of things that I did with my aunt as I was growing up and I just wanna let my aunt know that she's not forgotten. Most importantly, I want to remind her that God will be her strength. It's just so easy to forget about God and continue having faith and hope in the midst of our pain and suffering. I hope that the card can be an encouragement and reminder.

Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Rustic Cream, Smokey Shadow
Inks - Distress Ink Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, JBS Brown Sugar, Chicken Feed, Weather Vane
Stamps - PTI Peaceful Garden, Beautiful Blessings
Others - WRMK 3/8" Corner Chomper

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card and what lovely sentiments. Great stamping and soft restful colours!
    I hope your aunt gets good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully done! I love this scripture and I hope your aunt is encouraged by it. Your tender heart will certainly be a comfort to her!

    ReplyDelete