Sunday, November 13, 2011

HCBC Week 1 Card 5 - Merry Christmas


The inspiration for Day 5 is about doing reproducible cards and using Distress Inks. I love using distress inks. In fact, I use them mostly in my cards. They save me the headache of having to think about pattern papers. As much as I love pattern papers and I do collect & hoard my 6x6 pads, I have serious problems with getting the pattern papers to match. In my opinion, Kristina Werner is an expert in using pattern papers and the cards she does look lovely and easy peasy.

I didn't have time to work on my card till today. Friday was Veteran's Day. Hb had the day off so we went shopping and dinner was around 1 1/2 hours wait. I just couldn't believe it. Luckily the food was delicious.


Anyway here's my card:


Here's a close up. I just love the pearly shine.


I wanted to use the new Winter Limited Edition Distress Inks Evergreen Bough and Iced Spruce. I thought Festive Berries would be a little too bright and used Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans instead. The card turned out to be suitable for males even with that snowman image. Gonna send this to one of my male friends.

I'm having so much fun in this bootcamp and it's been so inspiring to see the different creations and interpretations from the other campers.

Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Smokey Shadow, Strathmore Watercolor Paper
Inks - Distress Inks Evergreen Bough, Iced Spruce, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Faded Jeans, JBS Chicken Food, Momento London Fog, Versamark
Stamps - Hero Arts Snowman Christmas, PTI Stylish Sentiments Holiday

Others - Sizzix Snowflakes Embossing Folder, 1/8" 3D Dots, Glossy Accents, Ranger Black Enamel, Diamond Stickles, 1 1/2" Circle Punch, Perfect Pearls White, Ranger Silver Embossing Powder, Dove Blender Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment