Monday, November 14, 2011

HCBC Week 2 Card 7 - Merry Christmas

Time flies... It's the start of another week of Boot Camp and it'll end in no time. I'll definitely look forward to the next one.


On a happy note, I was actually featured in the Students' Spotlight. I didn't even think they had this segment. I'm just so surprised. There are so many lovely cards out there.

Ok, back to the topic. Today's inspiration came from the sketch above. We were given 3 sketch choices and I decided on this circle since I've not done a circle card before. I used my Silhouette to cut the circle shapes.

Here's my card:


Anyone experienced doing something differently from what your brain tells you? Well, I wanted to add some twinkles and snowflakes to finish my card in subtle tones and I was thinking through the ink colors when the next thing I realized, I had stamped my image. Although it was in gray, it wasn't the subtle effect I wanted. Anyhow, I shall keep my hands to my side the next time I'm in my thinking process to avoid history repeating itself.

I added glossy accents to the ornaments which are paper pieced and a couple spritz of Tsukineko Sheer Sparkle. And the next thing on my to buy list is Spellbinder's Circle Dies. Ha...


Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream
Pattern Papers - 12 Days of Christmas by My Mind's Eye
Inks - Distress Inks Antique Linen, JBS Speckled Egg, Stick Candy, Seed Packet, Momento London Fog
Stamps - Lawn Fawn Ornate Ornaments, Hero Arts Very Merry Christmas (Inside Sentiment)
Others - Silhouette, Ranger Silver Embossing Powder, Tsukineko Sheer Sparkle, Glossy Accents, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment