Monday, November 14, 2011

HCBC Week 1 Card 6 - Season's Greetings

Following Day 5's inspiration, I created another card using the same technique that is dry embossing and inking with distress inks.

This time, I wanted to use another of the Winter Limited Edition distress inks Festive Berries. I'm actually not very fond of red but I love the tone of Festive Berries. Will definitely be using it again.

Here's my card:



I wanted to create a gradient look and the pearlized effect is really so pretty and subtle. The poinsettias die cut were dusted with rock candy stickles. I love how it adds a frosty look to the poinsettias. I learnt this trick from Jennifer McGuire but I didn't have the chance to try it till now.

Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White

Inks - Distress Inks Festive Berries, Victorian Velvet, Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Momento London Fog
Stamps - PTI Christmas Poinsettias, Stylish Sentiments Holiday
Others - Sizzix Snow Flower Embossing Folder, PTI Pure Poppy Felt, Zing White Embossing Powder, Vellum, Rock Candy Stickles, Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte, Cream Floss, SU Designer Buttons, PTI Christmas Poinsettias Die

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful card using the poinsettia die! The background is beautifully done as well and I love the bold font embossed on the vellum. there is a lot to like here! :)

    ReplyDelete