Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Papertrey Ink 5th Anniversary Day 9 - Thinking Of You

I haven't been able to join in the festivities for the last few days and we are at Day 9 now. Time flies when you're having fun, doesn't it.

Today's challenge is to incorporate leaves and butterflies into our cards. I went through my collection and decided to ink up my new stamp set "Turning A New Leaf" and I also realized I actually do not own any butterflies set from PTI. Beautiful Butterflies will definitely go into my cart this month. I just love those butterflies that Maile designed.

I'm inspired by Nicole Heady to try new color combos which I hardly use. I just love looking at her creations during every monthly release and here is my card:
This is the 2nd Hero Arts mid-tone shadow ink pads that I've bought and tried and I must say I really love it. Many inks actually do not give a crisp impression especially when using solid stamps. And I've tried the mid-tone shadow inks with a couple of solid stamps (in varying sizes) and the impressions come out almost perfect except for those caused by my own mistakes. I'm definitely checking out the other colors.

Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Vellum
Pattern Papers: Dwell by My Mind's Eye
Stamps: PTI Turning A New Leaf, Think Big Favs #7
Ink - HA Field Greens, White
Others - PTI Signature Butterfly Die, Butterfly Die, Studio G Gems, Versamark, AC Embossing Powder White, Pop Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment