Friday, April 20, 2012

Shimelle's Challenge #11: Snapshots Of Leslie Gulch

I recently came across Sketch Support and I really wondered what took me so long to know about them. I just love the sketches they post on their blog and also the layouts from the design team are just awesome and inspirational. Their sketches are available for downloads so it definitely makes it convenient when I need referring. I was most interested in their 2-pages sketches as I tend to have a little problem with them.

Basing my layout from their 2-page Sketch #11, here is my take:

I basically followed the sketch closely with just variations to the photo sizes. Since following Shimelle's classes, free and paid, choosing papers is no longer deemed as a chore and I actually do enjoy that process now. For my embellishments, I used PTI Turning A New Leaf stamp set. I love how they look as embellishments. I wished I had bought the die although fussy cutting can be therapeutic. Definitely going to look into incorporating more stamped images in my layouts. I'm entering this layout to Shimelle's Challenge #11: Two Patterns.

Supplies Used:
Paper - Sidewalk by October Afternoon, Mr Campy by Cosmo Cricket, Studio Calico Kits from various months, Documented by Simple Stories, PTI Vintage Cream
Stamps - PTI Turning A New Leaf
Inks - PTI Fine Linen, Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Others - Snapshot 1 by Kerri Bradford, Silhouette SD, Cosmo Cricket Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment