Saturday, September 24, 2011

Card 18 - Merry Christmas

I received my recent PTI purchase yesterday and thought to try out my new Holiday stamps. I did this card with the intention of participating in the ongoing Lawnscaping Challenge: "Getting Texty". After having done the card, I read the requirements of the challenge and using Lawn Fawn stamps are preferred, although not compulsory. Anyhow, I felt kinda bad to not use Lawn Fawn stamps for that challenge so I decided against submitting this card.

So happens, Simon Says Stamps has a challenge "Dies To Die For" going on and the card I've created fits. So I decided to participate in that.


I stamped the sentiment "holly jolly" in inks coordinating to Christmas that is green, red and gray (for silver). I actually got inspired by one of the pattern papers in Echo Park's 6x6 Dots & Stripes Christmas collection. The Merry Christmas circle was stamped in gray ink and clear embossed. Added silver gems to the center of the 3 stars bulbs. This gray stamp looked black after the clear embossing. Looks like it's time for me to get more ink pads...

Supplies Used:

2 comments: